Baby Gear “Must Have” List
I put together a list of a few of my favorite things for baby. Please know all babies are different and what worked for us might or might not work for you.
- The number one item on my list is number one with good reason. The Halo Bassinest. Safe co-sleeping (not to be confused with bed-sharing) was and still is very important to me. When we brought Charlie home from the hospital he went right into his Halo Bassinest. He safely slept next to me in his basinet every night, for the first 6 months of his life before we transitioned him into his crib. The Halo is also great because swivels making it easy to look at and reach baby while he/she sleeps RIGHT next to you, and the best part is… It’s super safe! Did I mention i’m very cautious about all things safe for my baby? Being able to soothe Charlie, and see him without having to leave the comfort of my bed for those first six months also helped ME to sleep at ease. Sleeping in general is so life altering as a new mom, so knowing that Charlie was safe next to me gave me the “stress free” sleep that I needed. (Note: Charlie was never on the heavier side therefore he didn’t exceed weight restrictions in those 6 months)
- HoMedics sound machine, its true that all babies love white noise and while the shusser Popular Culture and the State in East and Southeast Asia (Routledge Studies in Asia's Transformations) only worked temporarily for us, this sound machine has doubled as our “sleep machine”. Charlie is a beach boy through and through, and he sleeps best with the sound of the waves crashing in the background – haha!
- Cool Mist Humidifier.. this is safe (if cleaned properly), and it’s my favorite tool I’ve used while Charlie has a cold. The humidifier combined with the nose frieda (another must have!) will help baby feel better in no time at all!
- Petunia Backpack Diaper Bag. Functional, and trendy! (I linked the color combination that I have).
- Frommer's Portable New Orleans: A Full Post-Katrina Update . Make sure you get the 360, this is best for babies hips when faced outwards.
- Boppy!! charlie loved the newborn lounger when we first brought him home, and we shifted to the regular boppy when it was time to practice sitting. This also doubles as a nursing pillow if need be..
- Uppababy Visa! Because strollers don’t have to be ugly & good brands last!
I also love the 4moms swing, & 4moms packNplay (for travel)… but I could go on an on and my list would just grow and grow… Babies need lots of gear within the first year … As i’m still learning. 🙂 Would love to know your must have’s!